COVID-19 Practice Update
We would like to say thank you for your patience during the current COVID-19 (Corona virus) pandemic.
During the height of the crisis in April 2020, we stayed open to provide emergency and essential care to our community.
Now with restrictions easing, and with the advice from the Department of Health to not neglect our routine health appointments, we are now open for routine care and can provide general vision and eye health examinations.
Please rest assured that the health and safety of our staff and patients is our highest priority, and we are doing everything we can to ensure a safe environment.
We closely follow the standards from the Department of Health and Optometry Australia.
Here are a few of the changes we have implemented:
- When you make an appointment, we will check that you are feeling well. If not, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. We will be more than happy to look after you when you are feeling better.
- We will ask that you use hand sanitiser upon entry to the practice.
- Additional hygiene protocols have been implemented with extra disinfection of chairs, counters and surfaces, contact points (such as light switches and door handles) and further sanitisation of all optometric equipment.
- We have allowed longer consultation times and extra time between patients to more effectively disinfect surfaces and instruments after each eye test.
- During consultations, where appropriate, we will use facemasks and gloves especially when encroaching in your personal space
- In order to respect social distancing requirements, we will allocate all optometric appointments and eyewear collections a time to ensure we do not have too many people in the practice at any one time.
- Your eyewear can be delivered directly to your home or work, including contact lenses.
- If possible, one carer per patient is preferred so that our waiting area is not crowded.
- All waiting chairs have been moved apart, our magazines have been removed and our children’s area has been taken away.
- We are disinfecting all display frames and sunglasses after they have been touched or tried on.
- We have strict policies in place should any staff member become unwell, to protect the rest of our staff and patients.
If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to call the practice or contact us.
We thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to looking after you.