COVID-19 Practice Update
We closely follow the standards from the Department of Health and Optometry Australia.
We have strict stay-at-home policies in place should any staff member become unwell, plus PCR or Rapid Antigen Testing when necessary.
If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to call the practice or contact us.
We thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to looking after you.
Here are some of the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 (subject to change due to Government guidelines):
- Triaging of all patients. We will ask you to postpone your appointment if you:
- Have recently tested positive to COVID-19
- Have any flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell,
- Are a close contact or identified as being a possible high risk of exposure to COVID (such as a household contact)
- Are awaiting a test result.
- Wearing of N95 masks for all staff
- All staff are fully vaccinated
- Mandatory face masks (as per government guidelines) for all visitors to the practice
- QR code check in
- Extra hand sanitising stations throughout the practice.
- Further sanitisation of all optometric equipment.
- Additional hygiene protocols of high touch points such chairs, counters and surfaces.
- Cleaning of all display frames and sunglasses after they have been touched with a UV steriliser
- Perspex screens on counters and optometry equipment
- Air purifiers in the waiting areas and consulting rooms, with the ability to open windows to improve ventilation.
- Capacity limits to help respect social distancing requirements and if possible, one carer per patient so that our waiting area is not crowded.
- Removal of children’s play area and magazines
- The ability to deliver your eyewear (including contact lenses) directly to your home or work, if preferred.